What is a mutual fund?
A mutual fund is a pool of stocks, bonds and other securities held in trust on behalf of individual investors. When you invest in a mutual fund, you purchase units in a professionally managed portfolio of securities, with each unit representing a share of ownership in the portfolio
You can hold a mutual fund on its own as a non-registered investment, or within your registered plan —TFSA, RRSP, RESP, RRIF.
Mutual funds are offered through Credential Asset Management Inc. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments.
Benefits of investing in mutual funds:
- Professional management – with mutual funds, a professional money manager is responsible for making investment decisions and monitoring the markets, so you don’t have to.
- Access to markets – mutual funds provide convenient and risk appropriate access to the growth potential of global capital markets, including equities and fixed income.
- Diversification – because mutual funds invest in a variety of equities, bonds and other holdings, investors can create a balanced and diversified investment portfolio with a relatively modest amount of money.
- Flexibility – for a minimum initial investment of only $500 you have access to a professionally managed portfolio. You can also establish a regular investing program for only $25 per month. You can choose the frequency that works best for you whether that’s weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
- Liquidity – your money is readily accessible because you can redeem your units as the need arises.
Mutual funds are offered through Credential Asset Management Inc. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. Unless otherwise stated, mutual fund securities and cash balances are not insured nor guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. Credential® is a registered mark owned by Aviso Wealth Inc. and is used under licence.