With Open New Account you can open a chequing account, savings account, RRSP and more all through online banking. View the interest rate of a variety of accounts and choose the option that works best for you.
Note: To open an RRSP or TFSA through Open New Account you must have an existing contract (for example-you must already have at least one RRSP to open an additional RRSP).
1. Sign into Online Banking
2. Select Account Services
3. Select Open New Account
4. Select the type of account you would like to open (i.e. a chequing account, savings account etc.)
5. Choose from the selection which account you would like to open and select Open account
6. Choose a name for the account (optional)
7. Choose the amount you would like to deposit to your new account. Select where you would like the funds to be transferred from.
7. Select an intended use for the new account
8. Answer yes/no to whether the account will be used by or on behalf of a third party
9. Answer yes/no to whether you are a Politically Exposed Foreign Person (select learn more for more details)
10. Review the details of the account opening and select confirm.