Protect yourself against fraud!
We want you and your funds to be safe and secured. Identify and protect yourself against all kinds of scams; online, e-mail, telephone and door-to-door. Here are some tips to protect yourself:
- Don’t disclose any personal information about your finances, bank accounts, credit cards, social insurance and driver’s license numbers to any business that can’t prove it is legitimate
- Don’t give anyone your PAC (personal access code) or PIN numbers to bank accounts or credit cards
- Don’t be fooled by promises and guarantees of valuable prizes for low-costs
- Don’t open an e-mail with a suspicious subject line or e-mail address
- Don’t purchase an item or service without researching the product, service, company or provider
- Don’t be afraid to hang up the phone, close the door, delete email or close internet connection
- Shred any unneeded personal information documents (bank statements, credit card bills, unwanted receipts, cheques, pre-approval documents, old tax documents, etc.)
Frequently check all your bank accounts and credit card statements and report any problems immediately.
For more tips visit the Government of Canada Fraud Prevention website. For more information on e-mail fraud visit the Royal Canadian Mounty Police website.
For any Vanguard Credit Union account concerns please contact any Vanguard location or our Virtual Services VIP Connect at 1-877-226-7957 or email email@example.com.
Here are some helpful videos to show you different types of scams.
Service Scam Video
Money Transfer Request Scams
Lotteries, Sweepstakes, and Contests Scams