Vanguard Credit Union’s FAT CAT® Account is a special savings account designed for children aged 12 and under. The FAT CAT® Account is a great way for children to learn the fundamentals of banking and to establish the groundwork for their financial future. Having their own money gives your child a sense of responsibility and allows them to start setting financial goals such as saving for a new bike or iPod.
- $5.00 share paid by Vanguard. Property of member after account has been open for 1 year
- No minimum balance required
- 0.10% Interest bonus on PLAN 24® Savings calculated on the closing daily balance and paid monthly
- Entitled to purchase GICs and Term Deposits, minimum $100
- No fee in branch debits/credits
- Qualify for a No Fee U.S. Premium All-in-One account