Protection yourself against fraud!
Scams are everywhere, in today’s world, and we want you to always protect yourself. Here are a few prevention tips:
Protecting Your Identify
- Only provide personal details and information when it’s required and necessary
- Shred any unwanted personal information (personal documents, member/credit cards, old tax documents, etc.); do not just throw it away
- Don’t leave your personal documents and information laying around; keep it safe and secure at all times
- Never send money to someone you don’t know and trust
- Don’t send money to pay a fee for prizes or lottery winnings
- Only send funds to companies, providers, etc. that can prove they’re legitimate
Internet Business Scams
- Install a software or antivirus protection program that will protect your computer from viruses and unwanted issues
- Only visit websites that are known to you
- Avoid pop-ups as they can result in unwanted scams and viruses to your computer
- Never provide or enter your banking information, personal information, or credit card details to a website that isn’t legitimate
- Never put your banking and personal information into a public computer; avoid using them for online shopping
- Be particular about your passwords; make them difficult so nobody can guess what they are
- Always print off copies of your completed transactions for backup
- Never provide your banking/credit card information or personal details in an e-mail
- Never click on a link that’s unknown to you or from an e-mail address that’s not familiar
- Automatically delete emails from unknown email addresses; avoid opening them as a viruses can be embedded inside
- Legitimate banks, financial institutions or credit card companies will never send you account verification e-mails or ask you to click on a link to access your account
- Never give our your banking or personal information to someone you don’t know
- If the caller is unknown to you ask the person to repeat their name and company then verify this information by calling the company yourself
- Don’t respond to text messages or missed calls from an unknown number
- Don’t let someone unknown into your house without verifying who they are and who they work for
- Ask to see valid identification if someone comes to your door
- Don’t pay someone or provide personal information without trusting and verifying the resource
Click here for more information and helpful videos. For any Vanguard Credit Union account concerns please contact any Vanguard location or our Virtual Services VIP Connect at 1-877-226-7957 or email email@example.com.
We’re listening! We value all feedback.
Fill out your information and we will contact you.